DR. DOLAS BABAN CHANGDEV
Dr. Baban C Dolas is a renowned Eye Surgeon, practicing at Nityaseva Hospital, Shitolenagar, Sangvi since 2003.
He is president of a Non-Governmental Organisation, the Global Vision foundation established in 2006 with like-minded people. He started his first eye bank, Global Vision Eye Bank in the PCMC area in 2008. He has conducted several free eye check-up camps in urban slums and rural and tribal areas.
He has done his MBBS and MS from B J Medical College and Sasoon General Hospitals, Pune. He has done a fellowship after post-graduation from Shri Ganapati Netralaya Jalana under the guidance of various dignitaries in Ophthalmology like Dr. Sharadini & Dr. Prateep Vyas, Dr. Varsha Rathi, Dr. Vineeta & Dr. Girish Rao, Dr. Sejal & Dr. Rajat Maheshwari, Dr. Pradeep Jain, Dr. Manoj Saswade, Dr. Naresh Yadav, Dr. Binu Balan P, Dr. Archana Pande, etc.
He is actively involved in various research projects and presented papers at regional national and international levels. He is an active life member of Pune, Maharashtra, and All India Ophthalmological Societies, Indian Medical Association, Glaucoma Society of India, Eye Bank Association of India, Association of Community Ophthalmological Society of India, International Society of Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery, Delhi Ophthalmic Society, etc.
He has attended various conferences & CME courses as Invitee & Faculty at the national and international levels.
For his work, he has received several awards to date. To name few
Awards & Prizes:
- Certificate of Merit & Anand Chandavarkar Foundation Scholarship in 2000.
- Felicitation by Sakav Pen Prakalp, Raigad on 19 Aug 2007 for community work in tribal area.
- Felicitation by District Blindness Control Society, Pune on 21st April 2008 with the hands of then Divisional Commissioner, Dr. Nitin Kareer.
- Sant Ravidas Seva Puraskar for Community Medical Work by Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation & Guru Ravidas Vichar Samiti.
- Felicitation by Red Swastik Society of India at YASHADA, Pune at the hands of Jt. Director Health Dr. B.P. Gaikwad & Managing Director, Red Swastik Mr. T.S.Bhal(IPS).
- Felicitation by Sangali Dy. Mayor Mr. Inamdar & Dr. Patangrao Kadam, Forest Minister – Maharashtra state for successfully completing 240 km cycle rally from Pune to Sangali for increasing awareness about eye donation.
- Mrs. Shubhada Narayan Kulkarni Prize for the year 2010-11 for winning first prize in Poona Ophthalmological Society’s Annual Ophthalmological Quiz Competition.
- Padmashree Dr. Manibhai Desai National Service Award, Rashtraseva Award 2010 for community ophthalmology & other social work.
- Sahibram Satyavati Madan Award for community work, by POS in 2012.
- Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society Dr. S D Athawale award for exemplary work in clinical aspects of Ophthalmology in 2016
- Madhusudan Jhamwar Netra Seva award in 2014
- Director: Nityaseva Eye Hospital & Global Vision Eye Bank.
- Director: Global Eye Institute, Pimple Saudagar
- President: Global Vision Foundation, Reg. No. MHA/875/06. (IT exemption no. Pn/CIT-1/12A(a)/80G/277/2008-09/3445 dt. 28/11/2008
- Hon General Secretary of Association of Community Ophthalmological Society of India, Maharashtra Chapter
- Ex-Secretary, Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society
- Ex-Secretary, Poona Ophthalmological Societ
- Ex Treasurer: Poona Ophthalmological Society
- Editor: Right Vision (English – Marathi Quarterly). RNI No. MAHBIL /2010/33124
- Honorary Eye Surgeon: Cantonment General Hospital, Kirkee.
- Ex. Ophthalmic Surgeon: Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation
- Ex. Honorary Eye Surgeon: Cantonment General Hospital, Pune
- Regular camps in urban slum areas & interior tribal areas in Pune, & nearby areas of Maharashtra for the last 20 years. Free surgeries & Spectacle distribution for camp patients.
- >500 free eye check-up camps in almost all urban slums of Pune like Dapodi, Kirkee, Bopodi, Pimpri, Rupinagar Nigadi, Padmavati, Sahakarnagar, Katraj, Market yard, etc.
- Camps in Rural areas of Khed, Baramati, Junnar, Bhor, Ambegaon & also in tribal areas like Rajmachi(Khandala), Pabal(Alibag), Roha(Raigad), etc.
- Eye donation awareness programs in various areas.
- Free camps along with sweets & fruit distribution twice in SAMPARC Balgram, Shishangram, Vatsalya etc orphanages.
- School Health Screening Camps in PCMC as well as in the Cantonment area.
- Special Camps for physically handicapped & blind schools.
- Invited by Mrs. Supriya Sule, then MP at Yashavantrao Chavan Pratishtan, Mumbai for a talk on Blindness cure in 2008.
Extracurricular Activities & Hobbies:
- Dr. Baban Dolas, apart from his profession and social work, is a regular marathoner, trekker, and International endurance cyclist. He is an active member of Pune Randonneurs, Long distance Cyclists, Indo cyclists and Indo Athletic Society.
- GVF was an NGO partner in Run Beyond Myself on 6th October 2013.
- He is the finisher of the prestigious Paris Brest Paris 1230 km endurance cycling event and attempted 1400 km London Edinburgh London.
- He is four times Super Randonneur and recipient of the Randonneur 5000 award.